6165  The closest-to-perfect tango couple

ARTICLE INDEX


Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 03:40:39 GMT
From: "larrynla@juno.com" <larrynla@juno.com>
Subject: [Tango-L] The closest-to-perfect tango couple
To: tango-L@mit.edu

Boy, you guys are tough! The performance by Pablo Rodriguez & Noelia Hurtado in Zagreb down-thumbed because of their arm and head positions. Whew! Glad there are no videos of ME dancing.

I wonder. Are there ANY couples these critics consider near perfect? What about the rest of you? Who would you say comes the closest to your ideal?

And how about a video link and a comment or two about the dancing so the rest of us will know what you are referring to?


Larry de Los Angeles
http://shapechangers.wordpress.com


Click here to find the right business program for you and take your career to the next level.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/PnY6rbttno07G2EUzkqqtD98hcTli9Dkyg3doVuZ0iSjps12zSaHY/






Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 23:21:15 -0500
From: "Michael" <tangomaniac@cavtel.net>
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] The closest-to-perfect tango couple
To: <larrynla@juno.com>, <tango-L@mit.edu>

I don't think it's a question of who is near perfect. It's looking at the video and writing if you like the style. Some people are fixated on figures. Some people focus more on technique. It reminds me when I visited an art museum that had modern art. A blank canvass in a frame or what looks like paint thrown onto a canvass is art to some.

This list will never agree on a perfect tango or best couple. The problem is how we express ourselves on the list. I didn't care for the performance. Pablo's arm looked like he was stirring something. For me, it detracts from his frame. To somebody else, frame isn't important.

I like the Detlef and Melinda videos. For me, they do NOTHING but do it so well! I'm sure some don't like watching because there are no valcaldas, colgaldas, or something else. It's a question of preference.

Our preferences mirror the teachers we like. My teacher focused on axis, frame, posture, and balance for eight years of weekly private lessons. At times, it felt like I was in the Tango Marine Corps. So of course, my evaluation of any video is based on my training.

Michael Ditkoff
Washington, DC
Have to sign up for the Atlanta Tango Festival then going to BA for the first time in April

----- Original Message -----



Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:40 PM
Subject: [Tango-L] The closest-to-perfect tango couple


Boy, you guys are tough! The performance by Pablo Rodriguez & Noelia Hurtado in Zagreb down-thumbed because of their arm and head positions. Whew! Glad there are no videos of ME dancing.

I wonder. Are there ANY couples these critics consider near perfect? What about the rest of you? Who would you say comes the closest to your ideal?

And how about a video link and a comment or two about the dancing so the rest of us will know what you are referring to?

Larry de Los Angeles






Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:52:20 -0600
From: "Tango Society of Central Illinois" <tango.society@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] The closest-to-perfect tango couple
To: "larrynla@juno.com" <larrynla@juno.com>
Cc: tango-l@mit.edu
<cff24c340811182052s47b54cd6pcffb88f62b120e3e@mail.gmail.com>

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 9:40 PM, larrynla@juno.com <larrynla@juno.com> wrote:

> Boy, you guys are tough! The performance by Pablo Rodriguez & Noelia Hurtado in Zagreb down-thumbed because of their arm and head positions. Whew! Glad there are no videos of ME dancing.
>
> I wonder. Are there ANY couples these critics consider near perfect? What about the rest of you? Who would you say comes the closest to your ideal?
>
> And how about a video link and a comment or two about the dancing so the rest of us will know what you are referring to?
>
>


There are some excellent role models for social dancing in the videos
for which links are provided on this web page:

http://www.centraltango.com/TangoInfo/VideoTangoMilonguero.htm

Each of these men (some deceased) has or (had) danced tango for at
least 40 years.

Ron





Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 01:05:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Jack Dylan <jackdylan007@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] The closest-to-perfect tango couple
To: tango-L@mit.edu

I love the exuberence of youth as displayed by Pablo Rodriguez & Noelia Hurtado.
But for other extreme you need go no further than Mario's previous YouTube video
of Javier Rodriguez and Andrea Misse.?Elegance personified.

Jack



> From: "larrynla@juno.com" <larrynla@juno.com>
>
> I wonder.? Are there ANY couples these critics consider near perfect?? What
> about the rest of you?? Who would you say comes the closest to your ideal?
>
> And how about a video link and a comment or two about the dancing so the rest of
> us will know what you are referring to?
>









Continue to The Milonga solution | ARTICLE INDEX